Thursday, October 14, 2010

My Father's Business

Supplies Needed:                                                                   
magnets
metal items

Read story of the boy Jesus teaching in the temple from Luke 2: 41-52.

Ask, "What was Jesus’ response to His mother’s question once they found Him?”  I MUST be where My Father’s work is. “Some Bibles say, ‘My Father’s house or My Father’s business, but the actual Greek translation is this:  ‘Didn’t you know that I had to be about My Father?’  (Hold up magnet and demonstrate the following illustration while explaining) Just like metal cannot resist a magnet, Jesus could not resist being in His Father’s presence.  He was drawn to Him just like the metal is drawn to the magnet.  Our Father longs for us to be about Him too.  He longs to spend time with us, to tell us His secrets, to show us His will, to open our faith eyes to see the Kingdom...He longs for us to hear Him, trust Him, and obey Him.  Let’s see what He wants to tell us or show us right now, then let’s trust whatever He says or shows, then follow through by obeying whatever He tells us or shows us.”  

Spend some quiet time just seeking The Father's heart and listening to what He says.


What are your suggestions for this story?

No comments:

Post a Comment